[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] queries

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 15:11:47 EDT 2011

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 2:23 PM, Milka Doktorova <dokto20m at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am working on a project in which I want to make automated queries to a
> library database and for each query, get the total number of results (i.e.
> items in the catalog that contain the keywords from the query) . Can I do
> this using Evergreen and if so, where should I start from?

The most useful API methods for these sorts of things will be in the
search application.  Here are some documented methods that the OPAC
and Staff Client use:

http://acq.open-ils.org/opac/extras/docgen.xsl?service=open-ils.search&param=%22(?:biblio.multiclass)|(?:biblio.+copy_count)%22&offset=0&limit=25

There's a lot more than a single, simple SQL query happening -- you'll
need to use higher level APIs to get results that bear any relation to
what a user would see.

--
Mike Rylander