[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Adding information to MARC records

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Mon Aug 15 10:59:25 EDT 2011

[add a local classification]
> I'm afraid I am a software engineer and not a librarian so some things
> that are simple to most people on this list are confusing to me.

As a non-librarian myself, I don't immediately equate classification
with call numbers, though that's likely what you mean.  You can also
add subject headings to a bib record to help distinguish your
materials, and you can add metadata at the item level with custom
shelving/copy locations, statistical categories, and notes.

--
Jason Etheridge