[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Receipt printers for Linux

Buzzy Nielsen buzzy at hoodriverlibrary.org
Mon Aug 15 13:46:51 EDT 2011

Hello,

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good receipt printer for
Evergreen that's also Linux-compatible? We need new printers, and our
staff workstations will eventually be migrated to a Debian-based Linux
distro like Ubuntu or Mint. Thus, I want to make sure I'm buying a
printer that plays well with Linux.

Based on looking through the list archives, and my own research, I'm
leaning toward the Star TSP100, but I'd love to hear other suggestions
as well as thoughts on the cost of replacement rolls. Thanks!

Cheers!
Buzzy Nielsen

Library Director
Hood River County Library District