[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ***SPAM*** RE: ***SPAM*** RE: ***SPAM*** RE: Adding information to MARC records

Deanna Frazee dfrazee at ci.killeen.tx.us
Mon Aug 15 13:57:54 EDT 2011

What you want is MARC tag 521.  This is where you can put the lexile, age level, movie rating, etc.  It is very handy. Although you will have to do a little work to make it show up in the catalog.  Some libraries use a local genre heading (tag 65 with 2nd indicator 7) to specify something like "Young adult fiction. local" or "Gamer fiction. local"--I prefer the 521 if you are looking at reading level or maturity, although I suppose that last one is subjective.

Deanna