[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ***SPAM*** RE: ***SPAM*** Urgent help required please

Dan Wells dbw2 at calvin.edu
Mon Aug 15 20:17:24 EDT 2011

Hello Muhammad,

You could also try specifying the host in that command, i.e.:

psql -U evergreen -h localhost evergreen

at the shell prompt. This will essentially trigger a port connection rather
than a local socket connection (on default Ubuntu configs, at least) and
thereby prompt for a password rather than an 'ident' authentication.

Dan

>>> Muhammad Faiz Chishti 08/15/11 12:37 PM >>>
Can u kindly specify where should I give the command in which login bcz if I
use root it gives error I am using Ubuntu 10.04 lucid

$psql -U evergreen evergreen