[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Installation Problem please guide

Muhammad Faiz Chishti mfaizali at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 17 03:57:49 EDT 2011

I am installing Evergreen 2.0.8 on Ubuntu Lucid 10.04.  I install server
with no add-ons and simple network configuration

I follow all on screen instruction from the fresh installation notes on the
web

Q 1. First error I encounter is memcached does not start saying it is
disabled  and have to enable it through editing a file          #
/etc/default/memcached

Why is it not in documentation ????

After that the opensrf engines installs and test runs OK

Q 2. Next error that I encounter is when I start installing Evergreen it
requires Postgres Server I Install it by following command  which gives
error

        # make -f Open-ILS/src/extras/Makefile.install
install_pgsql_server_debs_84

Then I append the command

        # make -f
/home/opensrf/Evergreen-ILS-2.0.8/Open-ILS/src/extras/Makefile.install
install_pgsql_server_debs_84

           It starts installing

Q 3. I follow all on screen instruction using required logins and paths and
end up on command

        #./autogen.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -u

It gives the following error and I am helpless and stuck here

Updating fieldmapper

Exception: OpenSRF::EX::Session 2011-08-17T03:49:39
OpenSRF::Utils::SettingsClient
/usr/local/share/perl/5.10.0/OpenSRF/Utils/SettingsClient.pm:103 Session
Error: router at private.localhost/opensrf.settings IS NOT CONNECTED TO THE
NETWORK!!!

Where  am I going to get the help to resolve this issue and if I am wrong at
any part please guide. If there is a more explanatory and accurate
installation please guide.

I am stuck with this installation from last 10 days have installed couple of
times and asked for help from this forums.