[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] [OpenILS-feedback] Please look into my problem cant seem to install

Muhammad Faiz Chishti mfaizali at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 19 01:22:43 EDT 2011

I fail to understand that why I cant install a fresh server on a fresh
operating system

The following commands result during installation as as

#opensrf at lmstest:/openils/bin$ ./autogen.sh -c
/openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -u

Updating Evergreen organization tree and IDL using
'/openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml'

Updating fieldmapper
Updating web_fieldmapper
Updating OrgTree
removing OrgTree from the cache for locale hy-AM...
removing OrgTree from the cache for locale cs-CZ...
removing OrgTree from the cache for locale en-CA...
removing OrgTree from the cache for locale en-US...
removing OrgTree from the cache for locale fr-CA...
removing OrgTree from the cache for locale ru-RU...
Updating OrgTree HTML
Can't call method "opac_visible" on an undefined value at
org_tree_html_options.pl line 54.

#   grep open-ils.actor /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml
	<service>open-ils.actor</service>
      		<service>open-ils.actor</service>

open-ils.actor.org_tree.retrieve is returning no data from the server in
srfsh

# opensrf at lmstest:~$ srfsh
srfsh# request open-ils.actor open-ils.actor.org_tree.retrieve

Received no data from server

------------------------------------
Request Completed Successfully
Request Time in seconds: 0.108489
------------------------------------

srfsh# request open-ils.actor open-ils.actor.org_types.retrieve

Received Data: [
  {
    "__c":"aout",
    "__p":[
      null,
      "f",
      "f",
      0,
      1,
      "Consortium",
      "Everywhere",
      null
    ]
  },
  {

#opensrf at lmstest:~/Evergreen-ILS-2.0.8$
Open-ILS/src/support-scripts/settings-tester.pl
LWP::UserAgent version 5.829
XML::LibXML version 1.69
XML::LibXML::XPathContext version 1.69
XML::LibXSLT version 1.68
Net::Server::PreFork version 0.97
Cache::Memcached version 1.26
Class::DBI version 3.0.17
Class::DBI::AbstractSearch version 0.07
Template version 2.20
DBD::Pg version 2.13.1
Net::Z3950::ZOOM version 1.25
MARC::Record version 2.0.3
MARC::Charset version 1.33
MARC::File::XML version 0.93
Text::Aspell version 0.04
CGI version 3.29
DateTime::TimeZone version 0.91
DateTime version 0.49
DateTime::Format::ISO8601 version 0.06
DateTime::Format::Mail version 0.3001
Unix::Syslog version 1.1
GD::Graph3d version 0.63
JavaScript::SpiderMonkey version 0.20
Log::Log4perl version 1.23
Email::Send version 2.197
Text::CSV version 1.12
Text::CSV_XS version 0.65
Spreadsheet::WriteExcel::Big version 2.22 Tie::IxHash version 1.21
Parse::RecDescent version 1.96.0 SRU version 0.99 JSON::XS version 2.32

Checking Jabber connection for user opensrf, domain private.localhost
* Jabber successfully connected

Checking Jabber connection for user opensrf, domain public.localhost
* Jabber successfully connected

Checking Jabber connection for user router, domain public.localhost
* Jabber successfully connected

Checking Jabber connection for user router, domain private.localhost
* Jabber successfully connected

Checking database connections
* /opensrf/default/reporter/setup :: Successfully connected to database
dbi:Pg:dbname=evergreen;host=localhost;port=5432
  * Database has the expected server encoding UTF8.
* /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.storage/app_settings/databases ::
Successfully connected to database
dbi:Pg:dbname=evergreen;host=localhost;port=5432
  * Database has the expected server encoding UTF8.
* /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.cstore/app_settings :: Successfully
connected to database dbi:Pg:dbname=evergreen;host=localhost;port=5432
  * Database has the expected server encoding UTF8.
* /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.pcrud/app_settings :: Successfully
connected to database dbi:Pg:dbname=evergreen;host=localhost;port=5432
  * Database has the expected server encoding UTF8.
DBI connect('dbname=evergreen;host=localhost;port=5432','postgres',...)
failed: FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "postgres"
FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "postgres" at
Open-ILS/src/support-scripts/settings-tester.pl line 235
* /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.qstore/app_settings :: Unable to connect to
database dbi:Pg:dbname=evergreen;host=localhost;port=5432, user=postgres,
password=postgres
* /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.reporter-store/app_settings :: Successfully
connected to database dbi:Pg:dbname=evergreen;host=localhost;port=5432
  * Database has the expected server encoding UTF8.

Checking database drivers to ensure <driver> matches <language>
* ERROR: Unknown driver SIP in /opensrf/default/notifications/telephony
* ERROR: Unknown driver SIP in /opensrf/default/notifications/telephony
* OK: Pg language is undefined for reporter base configuration
* OK: Pg language is undefined for reporter base configuration
* OK: Pg language is perl in /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.storage/language
* OK: pgsql language is C in /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.cstore/language
* OK: pgsql language is C in /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.pcrud/language
* OK: pgsql language is C in /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.qstore/language
* OK: pgsql language is C in
/opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.reporter-store/language

Checking libdbi and libdbi-drivers
  * OK - found locally installed libdbi.so and libdbdpgsql.so in shared
library path

Checking hostname
 * OK: found hostname 'localhost' in <hosts> section of opensrf.xml

Will really appreciate if someone please guide me to install evergreen on a
new system fresh install.
How come it is that evergreen is not installing on a new system with said
credentials in the documentation.

Faiz