[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] does the software support unicode searches?

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Wed Dec 7 12:24:00 EST 2011

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 11:21 AM, Dan Scott <dan at coffeecode.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 12:10 AM,  <smurfett at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> We're a small bilingual school looking for an open source software to
>> catalogue our library books. which are in Chinese and English.  Does the
>> software support unicode searches and have multi-lingual support where I can
>> translate all the texts into Chinese?
>
> Interestingly, the very first translation of Evergreen's interface was
> to Chinese! Unfortunately, the translation was never shared with the
> community.

Ah, Ben Shum pointed out my mistake - in fact, Jason Zhou did post
zh_CN translations at
http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS-Contrib/browser/pgpinyinsort/trunk
(opac.dtd and lang.dtd). They're very old, but we could probably
salvage much of the work. Thanks, Ben, and my deep apologies to Jason
for overlooking that commit!