[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] code4lib live streaming

McDonald, Robert H. rhmcdona at indiana.edu
Wed Feb 9 11:40:24 EST 2011

Sure I can get a list - the big component outside of the cameras (great HD
$50K camera) is a new codec system that can accept many types of digital
and analog feeds - (ex. Digital camera and vga output) feeds and turn them
into many types of streamed output feeds to enable a stream for almost any
type of media - this is all hardware based.

Most of this is pro-semi-pro-gear though run by our team at IU UITS Media
Design and Production headed by Ralph Zuzolo.

Best,

Robert

**********************************
Robert H. McDonald
Associate Dean for Library Technologies and Digital Libraries
Associate Director, Data to Insight Center-Pervasive Technology Institute
Executive Director, Kuali OLE
Indiana University
Herman B Wells Library 234
1320 East 10th Street