[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Barcodes

Christoph Schilling ch.schilling at gmx.de
Sat Feb 12 11:08:49 EST 2011

Hi,
although I am not very experienced in evergreen, I try to give my answer:
I never felt the need for generating barcodes in evergreen itself.

How we do it: we generate with any barcode program (we use kbarcode)
hundreds (or thousands) of barcodes at a time. After cataloguing when
actually putting the books in, under holdings maintenance the until then
arbitrary barcode becomes attached to the single copy of the book (and
can later easily be changed).

Greetings
Christoph