[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] OS platforms - Ubuntu 10.04 & Debian squeeze

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Mon Feb 14 09:57:22 EST 2011

Hi Chris,

Our current system is single server environment with Debian 5.0 with
1.6.1.3/4.  Next week, we are moving to multi-server configuration using
Ubuntu 10.04 and Evergreen 2.0.1.  We initially decided to use Ubuntu
10.04 for our nextgen production environment because Squeeze was still
in testing at the time we began working on our configuration.  Over
time, though, we also felt that Ubuntu was a better fit after performing
all our 2.0 testing using that platform.

Overall, no real negative results so far, but we'll see what happens
when we're "live" on the new system, right?  :)

Nice poll, by the way, I think it's good to know what others in the
community are using so that we can find ways to collaborate and share
knowledge.

-- Ben

--
Benjamin Shum