[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Weekly serials in 2.0

Lebbeous Fogle-Weekley lebbeous at esilibrary.com
Thu Feb 17 09:53:24 EST 2011

On 02/17/2011 09:25 AM, Marjolein Kremer wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> As we said year nr worked.  Next try was: vol.,no. 52, [...]year, month, week [...] weekly:
> 2nd try: vol., no.52,[...]year,month,week[...] weekly:
> No prediction at all.
> 3rd try: no., [...] year, week.:
> Numbers  do ok (example nr. 1,2,3), year adds up at every issue, week subtracts 3 at every issue. After 9 issues changes into: season.
> 4rd try: vol., no. 52[...], week, year [...] weekly:
> Result: Issuances start at the bottom of the page, nr. do ok, vol. is ok, weeks add up, year same as above.
> 5th try: vol., year, week;
> Result: vol. adds up, year also,  week subtracts 3. Nr. 10 has become season: summer.
> What is going wrong?

Hi Marjolein,

I have three initial thoughts that may lead us to a solution.

1) Would it be possible for you to copy and paste here the compiled
value of the "pattern code" field under the Captions and Patterns tab in
the Subscription Details interface for the subscription in question?
This code is the end result of the Caption and Pattern Wizard where you
choose enumerations, chronology captions and so on. Its exact contents
may better illuminate any problem.

2) For each test that you perform, do any generated issuances remain in
the system from previous tests?  If so, you must be sure to delete them.
  The system will generate predictions based on the most recently
created issuance, so any issuances you have that were predicted
incorrectly will perpetuate problems into your subsequent tests.

3) Can you also copy and paste here the value of the "holding code"
field on your test issuance?  Your test issuance should either be a) the
only issuance that exists at all for that subscription, or b) the last
issuance in a set of correctly predicted issuances, if any.

I think this will help diagnosis.

Thanks!

--
Lebbeous