[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ***SPAM*** RE: Using an Ubuntu (or KTL) server for Evergreen

Jim Maroon jmaroon at cityof.lawton.ok.us
Thu Feb 17 14:01:42 EST 2011

I would assume they are talking about installing Ubuntu Linux in VirtualBox, then installing Evergreen on that. Installing VirtualBox and Ubuntu on a PC should take all of 30 minutes, but I have no idea how difficult installing Evergreen would be as I know little about it. I would think it would give you a good idea about the features and functions of Evergreen, but depending on the speed of the PC may not give you a clue about overall functionality.

http://www.virtualbox.org/

--Jim Maroon
Head of Public Services
Dynix Administrator