[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Language problems in Evergreen

Armen armen at flib.sci.am
Mon Feb 21 02:11:02 EST 2011

Dear Evergreen staff

I am from the Fundamental Scientific Library of Armenia. We have recently
upgraded our Evergreen 1.6.0.6 version to 2.0.1 version and currently we are
having some problems concerning our databases in Armenian language.
Particularly, per se

I want to remark that the same problems occurred when we  created a new
database with command "createdb -T template0 -E UNICODE evergreen".

*         we can't register our users in Armenian (on the contrary to
English)

*         and also we can't search our databases in Armenian.  When we are
doing search in Armenian and while typing one letter with a (*) asterix (the
results of the search are being retrieved in Armenian), however when we are
doing search only with Armenian letters we are not able to retrieve the
search results.

*         Also when we want to search the user, we can do it only with bar
code, however we can't do the search only by name and last name of the user
(especially in Armenian).

*         We also have some language issues concerning the interface of the
circulation database, some part of it is in English and some party of it is
in Armenian (that is the menu tab of the users registration is in Armenian,
however when it comes to the registration details of the users it is in
English, to the contrary of the previous version, here every menu was in
Armenian).

Any suggestion please.

Best regards

Armenn