[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen comes to the UK

Duimovich, George George.Duimovich at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Tue Feb 22 12:10:51 EST 2011

Congrats Nick. This is great news. Welcome aboard UK!

Are you sending anybody from your team to EG 2011?

George
George Duimovich
NRCan Library / Bibliothèque de RNCan
Ottawa, Canada

________________________________

From: open-ils-general-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org [mailto:open-ils-general-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of Nick Dimant
Sent: February 22, 2011 11:59
To: open-ils-general at list.georgialibraries.org
Subject: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen comes to the UK

I would like to introduce ourselves to the list.  I am pleased to be able to say that we will be helping to implement Evergreen for a consortium of public libraries in Scotland.  This is the first site in the UK to choose Evergreen so is quite a milestone for us.  The consortium comprises 16 libraries at Stirling Council and 8 at East Dunbartonshire.  Both systems are migrating from Horizon.  We hope the consortium will grow as time goes by.

More info at http://www.ptfs-europe.com/?p=988

Apart from providing the full range of implementation services we will be carrying out two software developments for them.  One will be to do an integration with the Scottish National Entitlement Card.  This is a single smartcard used throughout Scotland to access a whole range of services including bus travel, leisure centres and libraries.  This card holds a variety of personal information.  With regard to Evergreen this will involve developing the capability to read the patron's barcode off the card and if they do not already have a record in Evergreen it will extract their user details from the smartcard and create a user record on the Evergreen system.

We will also be developing a stock rotation facility which might be of more general interest to the Evergreen community.  This is where multiple collections of books move from library to library on a scheduled basis, staying for a set period of time at each library before being automatically moved on according to predefined rotas.  This is all aimed at making the stock work harder and refresh the collections at all of the libraries on the rota.

We have already had some great support from Equinox and are looking forward to working on this exciting project.

Nick

--
Nick Dimant
Managing Director