[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] installation failure on starting opensrf

James Fournie jfournie at sitka.bclibraries.ca
Fri Feb 25 16:28:56 EST 2011

Hi Klass,

> Can't locate UNIVERSAL/require.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl

This means that the Perl module UNIVERSAL::require was not found.

It could be that Perl is simply not finding it, but it's likely that
it's just not installed.  You can check if it's installed by typing:

perl -MUNIVERSAL::require -e 1

If this produces no error then it is installed.  If there is an error
you may need to reinstall it.  The installation method would vary
depending on what Linux distro you are using, but if you are using
Ubuntu you need to run the following:

sudo apt-get install libuniversal-require-perl

Debian is probably the same.  However, if this file didn't install,
chances are other dependencies could have failed to install.  You can
try the above but if this doesn't fix the problem, you may want to go
back and re-do the Makefile.install step (Step #3 on that page).  If
that doesn't work then you may need to redo steps 4.I and 4.II as
well.

~James