[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Serials in 2.0: anyone working on import script for existing MFHD records

Repke de Vries repke at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 5 12:31:10 EST 2011

Hi all

with "Serials in 2.0"  I mean the new database setup introduced by
Dan Wells + two sets of functionalities on top of that: "Serial
Control View" and "Alternate Serial Control" (by two different
programming teams).

And my question goes back to an early november 2010 Evergreen  2.0
alpha4 discussion [1]  where we had to conclude that an importing
script for MARC MFHD records to populate all the "Serials 2.0"
database tables, did *not* yet exist - though several libraries (ours
among them) expressed the need for it [2].

I wonder where we are now: anyone working on such a MFHD MARC records
importing script or approach?

Our library might be able to contribute but one would expect that at
least some script exists by now that could be further refined.

How else could we seriously introduce these new Evergreen 2.0 Serials
features if we can't get the data in (not to mention: export them
again) :-)

Yours, Repke de Vries, IISH

[1]  http://markmail.org/message/75tlejvni3mit5ke
[2]  I do *not* mean the MFHD options  + importing scripts introduced
by Dan Scott in EG 1.6