[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Updating OrgTree Fails

Brian Feifarek bfeifarek at q.com
Sat Jan 8 22:21:25 EST 2011

Hi Christinger,

I have Evergreen 2.0 running on Ubuntu 10.4 and did a test install of one of the Evergreen 1.6.0 versions several months ago, so I think we should be able to get your install working.

There was one sticking point that I encountered with the setup in EC2 that may be affecting you, but I am not sure from the symptoms you describe.  When I stop and restart an instance and the IP address of the instance changes, I have seen it get the ejabberd service messed up so that it does not respond or start/stop properly.  To fix it I followed some instructions in one of the OpenSRF wiki pages:  I needed to  kill all 'beam' and 'epmd' processes and hardcode the 'localhost' domain.  Then ejabberd did not seem to have any further problems.