[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ***SPAM*** Loading MARC records during acquisitions process

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Tue Jan 11 11:41:47 EST 2011

Hi all,

I have been testing acquisitions in 2.0 and have had some success in
creating purchase orders from selection lists and activating those purchase
orders. However, I come across some trouble when I try loading MARC order
records through the acquisitions menu.

When I load the records, I have been leaving the "activate purchase order"
box unchecked. The system creates the purchase order, and I add prices to
each lineitem in the order, but I can't get the purchase order to the point
where it is activatable. When I created a purchase order from a selection
list, it becomes activatable as soon as I add prices to each of the
lineitems. The only difference I see between the two purchase orders is that
the lineitems for the order created through a selection list have a status
of pending-order before I activate the order. When I create the PO through a
MARC import, the status of the lineitems is order-pending. Other than adding
a price for each of the lineitems, is there anything else I need to do to
the PO to be able to activate the order?

Also, I tried importing items at the same time that I loaded the MARC
records. Since I was using records from an Evergreen system, I identified
the holdings tag for the provider as the 852 field. Although the system will
load the MARC records, it is not pulling in the holdings information. What
else do I need to add to the provider record so that I can import holdings?

Thank you!
Kathy Lussier

Kathy Lussier
Project Coordinator