[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Importing holdings data

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Thu Jan 13 21:13:19 EST 2011

On Thu, 2011-01-13 at 20:36 -0500, Jason Etheridge wrote:

> > fingerprint: Eh?  So how would I generate this?
>
> There should be a trigger to handle this for you (maybe depending on
> your version of EG).  It's used for grouping records with similar
> titles into metarecords (think FRBR-ish, but for lumping different
> formats and editions together).  See the metabib.metarecord table.

Nope, don't see any trigger functions on the biblio table.  So for now
assuming it either isn't important or whatever needs it will generate
it.  Otherwise it can be fixed later.

Thanks for filling in the other details.  Since in theory I now have all
of the information needed all that remains is writing the code.
Hopefully that won't take very long.  Will be starting it tonight.