[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] [OPEN-ILS-DEV] update on Evergreen Community email list server

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Mon Jan 17 19:12:56 EST 2011

On Wed, Jan 05, 2011 at 01:50:48PM -0500, Sharp, Chris wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> GPLS is in the process of making available another Evergreen Community server that will host the Open-ILS/Evergreen email lists and possibly some other services, such as XMPP instant messaging.  We were hoping to have this server available already, but GPLS's IT staff will need to implement a new IP addressing scheme in order to continue.  Since this project will also affect other GPLS-hosted services, it will have to be planned very deliberately.  We hope that this project will begin within the next couple of weeks and I will keep the community informed as to its progress.   I know of three groups - the Evergreen Communications Committee/Web Team, the Reports Task Force, and the Evergreen Developers Security Team  - who have requested email lists.  Please bear with us as the GPLS IT staff puts in the necessary work to bring this service to you as quickly as possible.

Hi Chris:

Thanks for the update (and thanks to GPLS for providing the server &
hosting!). We would also like a "Release Coordination" mailing list to
help implement the distributed responsibilities in the nascent Release
Checklist at
http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=dev:evergreen:release_checklist
if at all possible.

Thanks again,