[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Question

Andy Helten andy.helten at pixius.net
Wed Jan 19 14:55:39 EST 2011

Six months ago I personally setup a small (~100 students in K-8) rural
school with Evergreen.  We only have one location with about 5000
books.  We were looking to use Follet's Destiny when I suggested we
look around and eventually stumbled upon Evergreen.  There were a
couple hurdles setting it up and only a couple problems keeping it
running -- probably comparable what we would have experienced using a
non-free system.  I should also point out that prior to Evergreen,
I've never setup a library system and none of the staff and students
that added books to Evergreen have any experience with an ILS.  So,
relatively easy to use and quite scalable.  I will point out that we
don't use most of the Evergreen features, such as holds.

Andy