[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Question

Deanna Frazee dfrazee at ci.killeen.tx.us
Wed Jan 19 15:33:10 EST 2011

We are not part of a consortium, and Evergreen is working well for us.
Our library consists of a main and a branch, but overall we are
relatively small-about 117,000 volumes.

We used Alpha-G Consulting to migrate from Horizon this past summer, and
I would definitely recommend having outside help unless you have an
in-house IT staff with time on their hands.  Having Alpha-G to handle so
much of the work is what made it possible for us to choose Evergreen,
which I think meets our needs pretty well.  If you can do it, hire
someone like Alpha-G to set up a test server and tweak things until it
meets your needs.

Deanna

Deanna Frazee

Director of Library Services