[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Wanting to fall in love with Evergreen

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Thu Jan 20 04:57:36 EST 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 04:26:10PM -0600, Vicki Reeves wrote:
> We've been struggling for weeks to get our records into Evergreen. We
> can get the patron records in with SQL.  Importing bib records is
> working ok but, of course, they have 852 fields and no holdings.  We

Ah, okay, so you figured out your bib record import problem. Good.

> have some theories on what might work for getting circulation and
> reserve records across but we need holdings to test them.  I'd love to
> fall in love with Evergreen but we aren't there yet.  Surely there is
> something that can be done to make this process easier.

Oh, I just put two and two together and realized that John Holmes, who
we've been trying to help out, is also at beau.org.  We've tried to
point John at the tools we used for our own migrations but those don't
seem to be working for him.

If you have records that you can search for using the staff client, then
it should just be a matter at this point of populating asset.call_number
(pointing the "record" column at the biblio.record_entry.id value) and
asset.copy (pointing the "call_number" column at the
asset.call_number.id value). ("just" can be a frustrating word, I know).