[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Question on editing the OPAC web page

Anoop Atre anoop.atre at mnsu.edu
Tue Jan 25 18:02:18 EST 2011

Vicki
It is a good idea to keep a copy of the file you change, in your case
opac.dtd as June pointed out but this applies to any customizations,
because they get written over when you do an upgrade.

Also say you did keep a copy and you do an upgrade it is not advisable
to just over writing the new opac.dtd with your edited version. You need
to watch out for new additions to that file which don't exist in your
copy, so you need to check for the differences say by using 'diff -ru
opac.dtd.edited_copy opac.dtd'.

Finally you will need to edit the other opac.dtd files say
en-CA/opac.dtd if you cater to our friends up north so the changes show
up when they change the language option to "English (Canada)".

Cheers

On 01/25/2011 04:34 PM, Rayner, June wrote:
> We changed this by editing the following file.
>
> /openils/var/web/opac/locale/en-US/opac.dtd
>
> Look for the Footer section.
>

> This file has most of the labels that appear in the OPAC.
>
> Regards,
>
> June

Anoop Atre
IS Developer & Integrator, MnPALS
PH: 507.389.5060
OF: 3022 Memorial Library (Office-ML 3022)
--
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens"
  ~ Johann Christoph Friedrich von Schiller