[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] server install

Tim Harrison tharrison at rosaryhs.com
Wed Jan 26 10:31:12 EST 2011

Goodmorning everyone,

I am new to the mailing list.  We are looking to switch our school's
library system from Infocentre to evergreen.  I started to set up a server
on my VM yesterday to familiarize myself with the proccess and I have come
accross an issue.  When Installing OpenSRF and trying to register the
ejabberd users I get an error stating Failed RPC connection to the node
ejabberd at localhost: nodedown.

I was getting an issue where the ejabberd service would not stay started.
I did as much troubleshooting as I've been able to do with my limited linux
background.  I then reinstalled ejabberd and am still having the same
issues.

Has anyone had this issue before?

Tim Harrison
Information Technology