[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] server connect error, staff client error

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Fri Jan 28 03:24:48 EST 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 02:11:30PM +0400, ნანა ხუსკივაძე wrote:
> *staff client send me eroor like this:*

<snip>

> method=open-ils.actor.net_access_level.retrieve.all
> params=["428ec14477316f1e92a2aa6da67eb37b"]
> THROWN:
> {"message":"cnal is not defined","fileName":"
> http://opac.iliauni.edu.ge/opac/common/js/JSON_v1.js","lineNumber":46,"stack":"decodeJS([object

<snip>

> *and i cat connect to opac, to search items also. can you help me?*

Hi Nana:

The first thing I would try is to restart Apache. Apache always needs to
be started after the OpenSRF processes, and you can get strange results
and errors if Apache was already running when you started the OpenSRF
processes. To restart Apache, run the following command as the root
user:

/etc/init.d/apache2 restart

If you cannot connect to the OPAC or staff client after that, then
perhaps your server crashed or you had to reboot your server without
shutting down the OpenSRF processes cleanly? If so, the OpenSRF
processes might not have started correctly, or might not be running at
all.  If you run "ps wax | grep -i open" and you don't see a long list
of running processes, then you probably need to do a clean start of the
OpenSRF processes.

As the opensrf user, run the following commands to do a clean start of
the OpenSRF processes (you might have to add the "-l" flag if you're
running as localhost instead of the actual hostname for your server):

/openils/bin/osrf_ctl.sh -a stop_all
rm -f /openils/var/run/*pid
/openils/bin/osrf_ctl.sh -a start_router
/openils/bin/osrf_ctl.sh -a start_perl
/openils/bin/osrf_ctl.sh -a start_c

And then as the root user, restart Apache as previously described.

If that still doesn't solve the problem, then we'll probably need to see
the log entries in /openils/var/log/osrfsys.log.

As an aside, the 1.4.0.2 release of Evergreen is quite out of date. We
just released the 2.0.0 release of Evergreen, and 1.6.1.6 is the oldest
supported release of Evergreen now; I would heartily recommend upgrading
if at all possible!