[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] cash and Evergreen

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Mon Jan 31 16:35:54 EST 2011

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 4:15 PM, Jesse Ephraim
<jephraim at roanoketexas.com> wrote:
> I would be interested in hearing about the ways that other Evergreen
> libraries handle money taken in from copier and FAX use by people who do
> not have a library card.  Do you run those charges through Evergreen in
> some way (generic accounts, etc.), or handle it separately?  Is there a
> way to generate a receipt for cash taken without having to bill a
> generic account and then pay it?  We are trying to streamline and
> improve our cash handling procedures.

Hrmm, I think anything done here is going to be kludgy, since
Evergreen wasn't intended to be a point-of-sale system.  One kludge I
can think of is to create a new billing type like "revenue goal" or
"sale buffer" that you can exclude from reports, and then bill a
generic account with it for a large amount of money.  Use that account
for any money received without a library card and make annotated
payments toward that bill.

Fake accounts are a road to ruin, though. :-)

--
Jason Etheridge