[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Star SP200

Aaron Zsembery azsembery at pls-net.org
Tue Jul 12 12:00:03 EDT 2011

There was a bug for the SP200s with Xulrunner 1.9 (which is used in EG 2.x). See: https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/491537
In 1.6.x, we have ONLY been able to use the SP200 series printers via parallel (The SP200 series printers do not handle HTML and EG will only send plaintext (DOS Mode) to LPT1). We had a library who was using USB to Parallel adapters. They ended up sharing their SP200s (to the network) and mapping them to LPT1 (from the same computer) with NET USE, but it was flaky and they ended up replacing their SP200 printers with SP512s.

Aaron Z
Jr. Systems Administrator

Pioneer Library System
2557 State Rt. 21