[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] sheet label printing?

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Tue Jul 12 12:16:17 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm asking on behalf of an Evergreen user and would like to revisit
the topic of sheet labels.  What are folks doing here, given that
Evergreen currently doesn't have explicit support for such?

I know some folks are printing to PDF and using this program to print
a given column of labels:
http://www.branchdistrictlibrary.org/professional/labels/

I wonder if that program would be better if it could print an entire
sheet from a given starting point rather than just a column?

Re-working the existing label interface to support sheeting could be a
large undertaking depending on the exact specs; any itches to
do/support that?

Or does someone have some report or A/T template that they feed into Word/etc?

Has anyone seen a smart print driver that understands labels and does
the correct thing on form feeds?

Or maybe it's just better to move to feed labels?

Thanks!

--
Jason Etheridge