[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] apostrophe in title search causing problems (Bug #744513)

Gordana Vitez gvitez at niagaracollege.ca
Tue Jul 19 12:16:17 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

We recently upgraded to 2.0.7 and noticed that a search using an apostrophe in the staff client or the advanced search screen returns no results. For example: searching "cops don't cry" in Niagara College's catalogue returns the following results:

http://niagaracollege.niagaraevergreen.ca/opac/en-CA/skin/nc/xml/rresult.xml?if=&it=&bl=&lf=&a=&la=&cl=&d=1&l=2&s=rel&sd=asc&adt=ml&tp=&t=keyword%3A%20cops%20don%20t%20cry&av=&rt=multi&ol=2

You'll notice that there is a space where the apostrophe should be.

I did find the following Bug #744513 that shows a fix was committed for 2.0.6. Is it possible that the fix wasn't committed to 2.0.7 or wasn't included in upgrade instructions? Our upgrade was from 2.0.2 to 2.0.7.

Thanks!
Gordana

Gordana Vitez
Library Services & Systems Coordinator