[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] apostrophe in title search causing problems(Bug #744513)

Gordana Vitez gvitez at niagaracollege.ca
Tue Jul 19 13:05:36 EDT 2011

Hi Ben,

Thanks for you suggestion. Just after the upgrade to 2.0.7, all of our computers were upgrade to Windows 7 so everything was wiped clean. Nevertheless, I did try clearing the cache for staff client and web browsers and still came up with the problem.

I'll follow the bug ticket as well.

Thanks!
Gordana

>>> Ben Shum <bshum at biblio.org> 7/19/2011 12:57 PM >>>
Hi Gordana,

We're using 2.0.6, but we've applied by hand several patches from 2.0.7
and the upcoming 2.0.8.  Trying a search on our system for a title with
an apostrophe such as "boys don't cry" worked just fine without any
change to the search terms.  I tested this in our staff client and OPAC
and both were fine.

What I did notice however, is that if one were to hit the advanced
search after completing the initial search, it would construct the next
screen with my search terms without an apostrophe so:  "boys don t cry"
would show up instead.  Running that search still retrieved some results
on our system, but not as many.  I'll do some more tests and add a note
to the bug ticket if I can replicate the behavior consistently.

In the meantime, I would verify that you have cleared the cache on your
web browsers and staff client (admin --> for developers --> clear cache)
to make sure that there aren't strange remnants in the code from before
your upgrade.  Then try again.

-- Ben

--
Benjamin Shum