[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen and LDAP

Gordana Vitez gvitez at niagaracollege.ca
Tue Jul 26 15:39:45 EDT 2011

Hi there,

Lori, thanks for the search suggestion. I should have mentioned in my email that I did do the search but didn't find mention of anyone actually using it.

Jason, thanks for letting me know it's a no right now.

Is this something other libraries might benefit from? Would this be more trouble than it's worth to develop? or would there be interest in the community to pursue LDAP for Evergreen?

Thanks!
Gordana

>>> Jason Etheridge <jason at esilibrary.com> 7/26/2011 2:46 PM >>>
> If you go to the main Evergreen site (http://evergreen-ils.org) and use the
> Search Box in the right hand corner, you can search for LDAP and get a few
> hits from 2009.

But to summarize here (since this thread is now also going to show up
in such searches:)

No, no LDAP support for Evergreen currently.

However, there are folks that import/overlay patron data on a regular
basis, including their foreign system passwords.

It's also possible for other systems to authenticate against Evergreen
(using SIP, ezproxy, etc.)

--
Jason Etheridge