[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ***SPAM*** RE: Prediction Patterns

Lebbeous Fogle-Weekley lebbeous at esilibrary.com
Fri Jun 3 11:24:07 EDT 2011

Hi Tim,

Mary has it right, and for what it's worth, I tried it out myself, and I
made a correct pattern for New England Journal of Medicine, the result
of which is this:

["2","0","8","1","a","v.","b","no.","u","var","v","r","i","(year)","j","(month)","k","(day)","w","w","x","01,07"]

That's what shows up in the "Pattern code" column after using the wizard
(it's just a funky way to represent the equivalent of an 853 tag).  If
you find you can't get the wizard to produce quite that, you can just
paste that into the "Pattern code" box directly without using the wizard.

Also, in order for the system to make correct predictions, you must tell
it all about the *last* issue you have *before* you want the predictions
to start.  So if you want the system to start predicting at volume 362,
no. 1, in Jan 7, 2010, then your last issue before that is volume 361,
no. 27, Dec 31, 2009.

That means your manually entered starter issue should have this holding
code ["4","1","8","1","a","361","b","27","i",2009,"j",12,"k",31] and a
publication date of 12/31/2009 (this is correct for the actual
real-world 12/31/2009 issue of NEJM).

Hope this helps!

--
Lebbeous