[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Can we catalog e-books in Evergreen??

Maggie Buckholz maggieb at ci.burlington.wa.us
Mon Jun 6 13:55:49 EDT 2011

We have ebooks through OverDrive (and other vendors) and are able to
upload OCLC records into Evergreen for these titles.  We have a tag 856
on the Marc record that is a URL hot link to the OverDrive site to
download the record.  There are some issues with patrons trying to place
holds on these records - the record shouldn't allow this, but some let
the patron all the way to the final "place-hold" screen and then give an
error message that there are no holdable copies.

Maggie Buckholz

Library Director

Burlington Public Library

820 E Washington Avenue