[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Adding departments to the hierarchy

Michele Morgan mmorgan at noblenet.org
Tue Jun 7 09:56:04 EDT 2011

We're trying to set up our org tree on a test system running 2.0.6 with
departments for each of our libraries. For example, our Gloucester library is
set up with adult, ya and juvenile departments:

GLO : GLOUCESTER
	GLOA : Gloucester Adult
	GLOJ : Gloucester Children's
	GLOY : Gloucester YA

We've set up some copies with the "Owning Lib" set as department (eg. gloa,
gloy, gloj) and the "Circulation Library" as branch (glo).

Our circulation policies work fine, and we've avoided the problem of copies
going into transit when checked in at a workstation that's registered to the branch.

The problem we're seeing now is when we search the catalog and try and limit to
the department level. The catalog is looking at the "Circulation Library" field
in the copy for the limit rather than the "Owning Lib", so a copy with owning
lib gloj and circ lib glo doesn't come up in a search limited to the Gloucester
juvenile department. Is there a way for the catalog limit to look at the owning
lib field rather than circulation library field?

--
Michele Morgan, Technical Assistant
North of Boston Library Exchange, Danvers Massachusetts
mmorgan at noblenet.org