[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen - Send by Text OPAC Button

Geoff Brown gebrown at niagaracollege.ca
Wed Jun 8 12:40:05 EDT 2011

Thanks Joseph,

This is greatly appreciated. The majority of students are so comfortable with their cell phones that I think the option to transfer the Title and Call Number information via text is an invaluable convenience! So thanks again. Our College has made QR Codes a priority this summer so it is also interesting to see how you incorporated them into this feature too.

Geoff Brown

>>> Joseph Lewis <joehms22 at gmail.com> 6/8/2011 12:31 PM >>>
Lori,

Certainly, I was thinking rather than pushing the number to the user through
a text message, you could provide a QR code for it instead, it would be
another button right there. Once pressed a QR code would pop up, the user
would scan it with their phone, and have the same call number they would get
through a text.

For anyone not familiar with QR codes, here is a
sample:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Wikipedia_mobile_en.svg

- Joseph

--
Public Key: [0xF8462E1593141C16]<http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xF8462E1593141C16>