[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Reports Repository

Tim Spindler tjspindler at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 15:48:37 EDT 2011

I originally posted this on the new reports listserv but the taskforce
suggested I post this here just in case people missed it.  Remember, you can
subscribe to the reports listserv here (
http://list.evergreen-ils.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/evergreen-reports)

I had mentioned a while ago that we might do something simple to share
report templates by exporting the data from our evergreen system and storing
it in a central database that Evergreen users could grab to import into
their system.

I put together a quick and dirty database more for proof of a concept so I'm
not recommend what I put up as the final solution.  Maybe a Git repository
would be a better solution for storing report templates but in any case,  I
was thinking Evergreen users could put their report templates in some kind
of database that could be shared with the community.  What I did is here
http://masslnc.cwmars.org/node/2366

I populated it with two report templates I created.  Let me know what others
think.

--
Tim Spindler
tjspindler at gmail.com

*P**   Go Green - **Save a tree! Please don't print this e-mail unless it's
really necessary.*