[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Item importing woes

Mary Llewellyn mllewell at biblio.org
Wed Jun 15 14:09:20 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I am attempting to load a file of bibs that include item tags. Out of a file
of 313 bibs, 177 loaded. That leaves me with a lot of items that didn't get
into the database. I've tried working from the queue, clicking on each match
and clicking in the Overlay target box, and then tried to load the selected
bibs. No success in getting the items in. I've tried checking off "Auto
Merge/Overlay Exact Matches" in one attempt, and "Auto Merge/Overlay When
Exactly 1 Match is Found" in another. No success.

It's one thing when I can't get overlay to work when I'm loading bibs alone.
It's quite another when items are involved. This shouldn't be so hard.

Ideally, I'd like the items to be added whether or not a bib is overlaid.
And I'd like it to be done in the first load, without having to struggle
with repeated loads.

Does anyone else have experience with this? Or know someone who knows how to
make it work?

Mary

Mary Llewellyn
Database Manager