[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Web site updates: Copyright notice and Donation links

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Thu Jun 16 14:53:59 EDT 2011

Hi, I'd like to suggest the following changes to the Evergreen web site.

1) Change the footer of the web site from "© 2008 GPLS | Partially
funded by the Library Services & Technology Act through the Institute of
Museum and Library Services." to "© 2008-2011 GPLS and others" as there
have been many contributors from outside of GPLS to the current web
site - at the same time, this enables us to recognize GPLS for
originating the Evergreen project.

Ideally "and others" would actually list who holds copyright over the
website content, but that's probably a crazy pipedream that only a
lawyer would chase :)

2) Now that the fiscal sponsorship agreement with the Software Freedom
Conservancy is official, replace the getting-long-in-the-tooth
Conference logo with "Donate" links, per the following information from
Bradley Kuhn, director of the Software Freedom Conservancy:

"""
You can begin soliciting donations via your website (and
elsewhere).
     Here are the methods we support:

       (a) Online services: PayPal and Google Checkout
           There are custom HTML for each at the bottom of this email;
           please place them anywhere you like on our project's website.
           Please note that fees are high for PayPal and Google Checkout,
           so if you can, encourage your donors to send checks.

       (b) Donations by check.
             We can accept check donations drawn in USD from banks in
             the USA. (Donations from banks outside of the US or not in
             USD should be handled by wire).

             Ask donors to make the check payable to
             "Software Freedom Conservancy, Inc."
             and to place "Directed donation: PROJECT NAME" in the memo
             field.  Checks should then be mailed to:
                   Software Freedom Conservancy, Inc.
                   137 Montague ST  STE 380
                   BROOKLYN, NY 11201             USA

       (c) Donations by wire.
             We can accept donations via wire, but we usually send the
             the instructions on a case-by-case basis as they are
             different depending on the country of origin.  Please just
             note that donors wishing to send a wire contact
             <accounting at sfconservancy.org>.
"""

The complete content for donating problem deserves its own (short!)
page so that we can add "Donate" under the now-ambiguous "Contribute"
drop down header.

Also, please find the HTML for the donate links attached.