[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Question concerning the booking module

Hardy, Elaine ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Tue Jun 21 13:26:14 EDT 2011

We've had some libraries accidentally make bibliographic items bookable
(well, I'm calling it accidental. I suspect it was an attempt to see what
would happen). We would like to remove them from being a bookable
resource, since they are visible with any library's login, but have not
been able to do so at any permission level. While we can delete a non-bib
item from the bookable resource type in the server administration
interface, the bib records don't delete. We thought perhaps they were
booked and this was preventing their deletion; but, that is not the case.
So, our questions are  -- can we remove a bib item from resource types
and, if so, how? Basically, what are we missing?

I did check the archives and did not find this covered there.

Thanks,

Elaine

J. Elaine Hardy

PINES Bibliographic Projects and Metadata Manager

Georgia Public Library Service,

A Unit of the University System of Georgia

1800 Century Place, Suite 150

Atlanta, Ga. 30345-4304

404.235-7128

404.235-7201, fax