[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Arabic in Evergreen

Christoph Schilling ch.schilling at gmx.de
Wed Mar 2 03:06:05 EST 2011

Hi,
I looked at the mail archive and found that there is no support for
arabic in evergreen though three years ago I thought I heard that
evergreen would support also Arabic with unicode.

I tried to create a Marc record in Arabic. The problem seems to be the
joining together of  the Arabic letters.
When I looked at already existing Marc records from the library of
Congress the same picuture: the letters are in the right order, but they
are not joined together.

Are there any plans to add the possibility of Arabic Marc records to
Evergreen?
I wonder if the Arabic part of our library at all can be handled with
evergreen or if we should look for a different solution.

Thank you,
Christoph