[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Acquisitions and Serials Documentation Drafts Now Available

Lori Bowen Ayre lori.ayre at galecia.com
Fri Mar 4 10:29:11 EST 2011

Mary, I'm happy to share them (on KCLS' behalf).  Question:  Would it be
useful for me to post these on the wiki with the "official draft" of Acq
documentation?  I'm wondering if it would be useful to have a place to post
info about procedures or potential workflows with the official
documentation.  I see these two types of documents very differently but both
are equally important.

And, is there a protocol in place for providing feedback on the draft
documentation that is posted?  Seems like publicly sharing our comments
would be useful. I'm wondering if the documentation could be provided on a
wiki and in wiki format instead of PDF?  I'm thinking of the way Dan Scott
put up the proposed rules of governance recently so we could all provide
feedback. That would make all feedback visible and easier to keep track of
for whomever gets to consolidate that feedback.

Should we be having this discussion on the Documentation list too?

Lori
(speaking largely in her role as a Communications Committee member!)

--

(707) 763-6869 // Lori.Ayre at galecia.com