[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Status of EDI development

Lori Bowen Ayre lori.ayre at galecia.com
Wed Mar 16 10:44:13 EDT 2011

Hi All,
Some people have been asking where we are with EDI and Evergreen and I know
that ESI and KCLS has been actively working on it.  There may be other folks
also working on this so please chime in if I'm missing anything.

Here's what Bradley Bonner of KCLS told me is the current status:

EDI Ordering:

   - We are using EDI ordering for our two largest vendors (Baker & Taylor,
   Ingram)
   - Order transmission working well
   - No way to easily see vendor response/receipt of order.  We only receive
   a edifact coded message in the purchase order of the way the order was
   sent.  To find the vendor response we have to use either vendor web tools or
   access and decode the ftp response manually.

EDI Invoicing:

   - ESI has demonstrated and implemented EDI invoicing, however we are
   still working with our vendors to enable the invoice response files to be
   included in our order process.  This negotiation seems to have stalled
   somewhat, I’ll pursue this and let you know as soon as we have any new info
   on how/if it works.

If anyone needs more info, post your questions and comments to this list and
I'll nudge some people if need be to get your questions answered!  Happy
ordering!

Lori

Lori Bowen Ayre // Library Technology Consultant
The Galecia Group // www.galecia.com
(707) 763-6869 // Lori.Ayre at galecia.com
Specializing in open source ILS solutions, RFID, filtering,
workflow optimization, and materials handling