[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Holds pull lists

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Mon May 2 09:49:51 EDT 2011

> Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the print full pull list
> and print full pull list (alternate strategy) options in the Pull List for
> Hold Requests? I'm looking at a 2.0.3 system.

Both of these are attempts at handling very large pull lists that can
perform poorly in the native XUL interface.

Print Full Pull List makes use of an A/T template (Holds Pull List,
with hook ahr.format.pull_list).

The Alt option is powered by /opac/extras/circ/alt_holds_print.html
and a streaming network call.

> Also, is there a way to control sorting for a printed pull list sorts? It
> looks like the pull list is sorting by call number, but I was wondering if
> there is a way to sort by shelving location then call number.

For the Alt strategy, change the sort_order variable in
alt_holds_print.html.  Looks like it's already trying to sort first on
shelving location (which can be explicitly ordered under Admin->Local
Administration->Copy Location Order)

I'm not sure how to pull in the copy location order information with
the A/T template.

It would take development to have the column sort for Location in the
XUL interface understand such order information.

--
Jason Etheridge