[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Lightning talks - OPAC kiosk

James Fournie james.fournie at gmail.com
Mon May 2 19:15:17 EDT 2011

Hi there,

Sorry for the vagueness, but at the conference, someone gave a
lightning talk about OPAC kiosks and I didn't catch your name or the
name of the software you used for kiosks.  I'm wondering if you could
maybe share some details on the list?

At Sitka we have a number of libraries who have varying needs with
respect to OPAC kiosks and I'm always eager to hear about new options
to recommend to our sites.   I really liked Opera's built-in kiosk
mode as it was the easiest to set up for someone with no technical
skills, but sadly recent Opera+Dojo issues make me hesitant to suggest
it.  I've also found the BMA Kiosk for Firefox 3 plugin quite
comprehensive, it's available here:
https://www.mozdevgroup.com/clients/bm/

Thanks!

~James Fournie