[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Lightning talks - OPAC kiosk

Ryan Eby ryaneby at gmail.com
Tue May 3 22:08:58 EDT 2011

James,

Used to use Opera as well for kiosks but ended up having issues with
configs and update notifications that didn't want to respect settings.
Their built-in command line kiosk mode is probably the most
comprehensive.

However, the kiosk settings in chrome/chromium have gotten better
recently w/ command line proxy config, incognito mode, etc. You might
see if the stock options fit your need or there was another post about
a customized version of Chrome. While not as complete it has worked
decently.

Note: We're not on Evergreen yet so apologies if there are chrome/EG
issues I don't know about. Our current opac stations are linux thin
clients running a stripped down Xorg w/ matchbox and chrome in
incognito mode. Has worked well so far for us and the clients are
imaged via usb drive so is about as easy for staff as can make it.

Eby