[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Request for installation help

John H gadgetfan.john at googlemail.com
Sun May 8 13:41:17 EDT 2011

On 8 May 2011 12:57, Sharp, Chris <csharp at georgialibraries.org> wrote:

> John,
>
> > I enter the server name 192.168.0.5 (the same address on my local
> > network that will bring up an Evergreen home page titled "Now
> > searching example consortium" in my web browser) and see a warning
> > that the the secure connection failed, that the certificate is
> > self-signed and only valid for John H.The only options are "View
> > Certificate" and "Cancel". If I dismiss this dialogue and enter
> > "evergreen" in the Username box under authentication with the password
> > I have recently set, the Login button remains greyed out.
>
> ...in the staff client, click "Add SSL Exception" after entering your test
> server's IP/hostname.  After it's added, you'll have no trouble connecting.
>
> Thanks for your prompt replies. Unfortunately I still can't connect.

After adding the exception and entering the server address as
https://192.168.0.5 I get Status Copy text \t 200: OK and Version Copy text
t 200: OK. However, the username evergreen and its corresponding password
(as in my original post - I'm sure they are right as I used them several
times during the installation) are rejected and I get the error "Network or
server failure" with the following details

method=open-ils.auth.authenticate.init
THROWN:
Network Failure: status = <unknown>
service=open-ils.auth&method=open-ils.auth.authenticate.init&param=%22evergreen%22
STATUS:
<unknown>

Any further thoughts?

Thanks again.