[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Receipt printers

Joan Kranich jkranich at cwmars.org
Wed May 11 11:02:35 EDT 2011

Thanks Tom.  I'll try that.

Joan

Joan Kranich
C/W MARS Member Services
jkranich at cwmars.org

-----Original Message-----
From: open-ils-general-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org [mailto:open-ils-general-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of Thomas Berezansky
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 10:17 AM
To: open-ils-general at list.georgialibraries.org
Subject: Re: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Receipt printers

I can't say anything about Star printers from experience, but I know
that if you disable the header/footer/margin information in the staff
client (page settings button) and are using an Epson printer/driver
you can enable an option to remove excess whitespace from the end of
the receipt.

The Epson driver has this under "Printing Defaults", then the
"Document Settings" tab and calls it Paper Conservation. It defaults
to bottom.

Star's drivers may have a similar option? I don't have any star
printers installed to check.

Thomas Berezansky
Merrimack Valley Library Consortium