[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Installing OpenSRF

"Ing. Fabian Núñez Salcedo" coordinacionsistemas at coruniamericana.edu.co
Tue May 17 11:47:49 EDT 2011

Hello,

I need some help. I´m trying to install OpenSRF in Ubuntu 10.04.2.  I
can´t understand the step 8:

8. On each domain, you need two Jabber users to manage the OpenSRF
communications:

    *
      a "router" user, to whom all requests to connect to an OpenSRF
      service will be routed; this Jabber user must be named "router"
    *
      an "opensrf" user, which clients use to connect to OpenSRF
      services; this user can be named anything you like, but we will
      use "opensrf" in our examples

   1.
      Therefore, as the *root* user, register your "router" and
      "opensrf" ejabber users for the OpenSRF router service on each
      domain. The users should have different passwords on each domain.
      These users will correspond to your configuration in
      |opensrf_core.xml|:

      # Syntax for registering a user with ejabberdctl
      ejabberdctl register router private.localhost<password>
      ejabberdctl register opensrf private.localhost<password>
      ejabberdctl register router public.localhost<password>
      ejabberdctl register opensrf public.localhost<password>

      Note: There appears to be a problem with ejabberdctl in that it
      does not escape input correctly, so a password like |'0P3N$SRF|'
      will be created as |'0P3N|'. A bug against ejabberd
      <https://support.process-one.net/browse/EJAB-1399> has been filed.
      To register a password using ejabberdctl with special shell
      characters until such time as that bug is resolved, the workaround
      is to specify a double-escaped character at the command line, for
      example, |'0P3N\\\\$RF|'

I can´t find the |opensrf_core.xml file, i found
|opensrf_core.xml.example and if this is the correct file, where do i
have to put this lines:

# Syntax for registering a user with ejabberdctl
ejabberdctl register router private.localhost<password>
ejabberdctl register opensrf private.localhost<password>
ejabberdctl register router public.localhost<password>
ejabberdctl register opensrf public.localhost<password>

please hel me.

--
Coordialmente,

Ing. Fabian Núñez Salcedo